Forature vivono tubazione in pressione per bloccare l'acqua calda o fredda per la manutenzione o le installazioni.
Tubo Genie™ può essere utilizzato anche senza isolare l'acqua per l'installazione di:-
15mm Tubo Genie ™ e lo strumento si inserisce il tubo 15 millimetri,
22mm Tubo Genie ™ e lo strumento si adatta 22 millimetri tubo.
Usa il trapano a batteria per l'installazione.
Pressione di esercizio 10 bar at 85 deg C.
Brevetto: GB 1602932.4
1. It blocks the pipe more effectively (hot and high pressure pipe work), and controllably.
2. It can block ‘moving water’ , the main reason freezing fails is the ice plug doesn’t take as the water is moving – you only find this out when you cut the pipe.
3. Blocks at much higher pressures up to 16 bar.
4. Blocks hot pipe work so no need to cool heating systems – a real advantage for hospitals and nursing homes with large heating systems and shared accommodation – hospitals for example can’t switch off their systems.
5. You can block during a flood for example a leaking fitting or pipe work,whereas you cannot freeze as water is moving.
6. On hot days freeze might not take or natural convection currents in large systems cause moving water – a real problem we hear from plumbing maintenance companies.
7. You can block the pipe as long as you want – you’re not against the clock – you can even leave the job and come back and the pipe will remain blocked.
8. You just need 30mm of pipe length on 15 mm (1 ¼” on ½”) e 40 mm on 22mm (1 ½” on ¾”) – sometimes all the space you have on pipes – a freeze jacket is 3x this length .
9. If you change system component and you need to rework it as pipework/valve is leaking you can re- block immediately as you can leave the bung fitted – and introduce flow slowly to test the system – and block if it starts leaking – this can’t be done with freezing as is all or nothing as you let the ice plug melt it ‘all goes’ if the repair isn’t sound
10. With freezer aerosols you often don’t know if you have enough to affect a freeze or if it’s taken – having to get a second can of freeze is a nuisance.
11. The washing machine tap adaptor doesn’t drop the coupon into the pipe work and is full flow.
To summarise –the Pipe Genie is more effective at pipe blocking and provides more control.
How long do the cutters last?
The cutters will last for 200 cuts and can then be replaced. (It must be regularly greased with the yellow grease provided).
How long do the bung tools last?
The bung tools will last for 100 blockings. (It must be regularly greased with the white grease provided).
Can I use on hot water or pressurised systems?
Yes up to 85°C or 185°F and up to 10 bar/145 psi
Will I be able to purchase additional valves?
Yes 15mm/1/2” valves will be £7.50/$10 the 22mm/3/4” will be £11.50/$15
Will it work on plastic/Pex pipe?
Yes it will work on plastic, pex, cooper or multilayer pipe.
Does it reduce the bore of the pipe?
No. The Pipe Genie does not reduce flow rates.
How many Bungs and Cutters do I need to cover every size of pipe from 1/2″ to 3″for Copper Plastic and Steel?
The Bung has an increasing expansion range the larger the pipe bore – so you need 8 Bungs and 8 Cutters to block up to 3″ pipe in Copper and Plastic. You will need separate Steel cutting blades (interchangeable with standard Cutter copper/plastic blade) for steel pipe.
What is the Grease for and how do I use it?
The Yellow grease is for the Blade cutting edge and Worm. It will ease the worm into grabbing the pipe – it punctures it’s own hole to grab the coupon and keeps the blade edge keen – so we thoroughly recommend greasing both to increase life.
The White grease is WRAS approved PTFE based and prolongs Bung life considerably – especially if you are blocking for long periods. We recommend greasing the Bung bulb before use.
When will we have a model to cut through Steel Pipe?
Test have proven successful with the 1/2″ galvanised tested already. We use a different blade within the Cutter to cut through the steel pipes but the Cutter handle is the same.
We are confident that we will be able to cut over 3″ steel pipe and block.
What is the Double-threaded Adaptor for?
This is a washing machine tap adaptor. As a better alternative to self-cutting washing machine taps (that often leak) instead you can use the PIpe Genie Valve to add a full-flow tapping for washing machine or dishwashers. The advantages are that the Pipe Genie is tested to very high pressures and far more secure than a self-cutting valve, it is full flow to the appliance (therefore fills a lot faster) and doesn’t drop the copper coupon into the pipework.
It is a far superior and professional method of doing the same job!
Other sizes to follow
Other sizes to follow